Pedestrian crossings (Zebra) on slip lanes are not the answer.
New Zealand research (Royce B 2019) showed that a zebra crossing on a slip lane presents a higher risk scenario than other treatments.
Safe System alignment (best to worst):
- No slip lane
- Raised signalised crossing
- Raised pedestrian crossing (Wombat)
- Raised platform (no crossing control)
- At-grade signalised crossing
- No crossing control
- Pedestrian crossing (Zebra)
Always aim for an entry angle >70deg
(always consider site specific issues)