The Tylösand Declaration is a Swedish moral framework in relation to the design and management of the road network. The Tylösand Declaration of Citizens’ Right to Road Traffic Safety states:
- Everyone has the right to use roads and streets without threats to life or health.
- Everyone has the right to safe and sustainable mobility: safety and sustainability in road transport should complement each other.
- Everyone has the right to use the road transport system without unintentionally imposing any threats to life or health on others.
- Everyone has the right to information about safety problems and the level of safety of any component, product, action or service with the road transport system.
- Everyone has the right to expect systematic and continuous improvement in safety: any stakeholder within the road transport system has the obligation to undertake corrective actions following the detection of any safety hazard that can be reduced or removed.