Safe System Solutions Pty Ltd was engaged by a private corporation to develop a traffic impact assessment for a proposed mixed-use development at on the McIvor Highway in Junortoun. The assessment was conducted in accordance with Austroads Guide to Traffic Management Part 12: Integrated Transport Assessments for Developments.
The project involved:
- Discussions with the client to understand the nature and timeframe of the development;
- Site inspection;
- Determination of traffic generation and traffic routes;
- SIDRA analysis of nearby intersections;
- Assessment of traffic impacts on the surrounding road network and identification of mitigating treatments;
- Assessment of parking demand